It was a rough Sunday in North London yesterday, as two clubs from Manchester destroyed Arsenal (good) and Tottenham (very, very bad).
But with the loaned out Tottenham players we saw some positives, unlike the first club. Steven Caulker is looking a phenom, the talisman of an unexpectedly strong Swansea defense. Adam Smith has become a mainstay at right back for MK Dons as they struck down Norwich City in the League Cup.
We saw the rise of the Tottenham goalkeepers. The recently loaned-out David Button and Oscar Janssen have both earned starting spots at their respective clubs.
The Tottenham loan force has been getting stronger and making an impact across the divisions. Let's check them out:Premiership:
- Kyle Naughton started and went 90 minutes as Norwich City lost to Chelsea 3-1.
- Steven Caulker started and went 90 minutes as Swansea City drew Sunderland 0-0.
- Bongani Khumalo did not play as Reading lost to Hull City 1-0. He is traveling away on international duty.
- Ryan Mason has an ankle injury and did not play in Doncaster Rovers' 1-1 draw with Bristol City.
- Jonathan Obika did not dress in Yeovil Town's 1-0 loss to Sheffield United.
- Nathan Byrne started as he went 90 minutes in Bouremouth's 2-0 loss to Walsall. He also started in Bournemouth's midweek 4-1 loss to West Brom in the League Cup.
- Adam Smith started and went 90 minutes as MK Dons won over Stevenage 1-0. He also started and went 90 minutes in the midweek as the Dons beat Norwich City 4-0 in the League Cup.
- Kudus Oyenuga came on as a substitute 75th minute as Bury lost 2-1 to Charlton Athletic. He also came in as a substitute in the 78th minute as Bury lost 4-2 to the Leicester City.
- David Button started and went 90 minutes as Leyton Orient lost to Carlisle United 2-1.
- Oscar Janssen started and went 90 minutes as Bradford City beat Barnet 4-2.
- Simon Dawkins started and went 65 minutes as San Jose Earthquakes drew 1-1 to Toronto FC.