To all the glorious members and readers of the Cartilage Free Captain Community, I bring important news. Listen closely, for key information.
The events unfolding yesterday at Molineux signaled an important change in the direction of our GLORIOUS soccer club. Key facts from the win over Wolves:
1. We actually beat Wolves. Notwithstanding their lack of top tier pedigree, this team has recently given us trouble, one of the many $%!*^% reasons we could not secure a top 4 spot last year. Even good teams need to care of lower quality teams.
2. We scored goals that mattered (Kaboul's against man city was lost amongst the disgrace). More importantly our STRIKERS scored goals. While Adebayor, Defoe, and Pav might not have the absurd amount of talent on display currently with City's strikeforce, the finishing was a great sight.
3. We kept a clean sheet. Does not matter if its Friedel, Gomes, Cudicini or Danielle Lloyd back there, clean sheets will help us improve the goal differential and remove some of the pressure from the strikeforce
4. PARKER IS A FREAKING BEAST. Simply, he is a grinder, old-school player who can control a game. I honestly think that once Sandro returns, a CM trio of Parker-Sandro-Modric would be damn near unstoppable.
5. Walker provided a nice boost at RB. Simply put, Hutton was SHITE and Corluka, bless his heart, moves as fast as molasses going uphill.
THE ACTUAL POINT OF THE POST AFTER THE JUMP
COMRADES, OUR SEASON HAS NOW TRULY BEGUN. I know we've heard all the reasons why we won't be competing for top-4 positions (Strikers, CBs, "Tactics", Europa fatigue, etc., City/United/Arse/Chelsea/Liverpool all being better). The only thing I will honestly concede is that it looks like Manchester is going to collectively bend the rest of the Premiership over a table. Fine, there's still loads to play for. THIS SEASON, WE WILL NOT GIVE IN TO THE "DESPAIR OF SPURS FANS". WE WILL NOT EXPECT THE WORST AND BE HAPPILY SURPRISED WITH SMALL VICTORIES. EXPECT GREATNESS, OUR TIME IS NOW