It's not fair that Bleacher Report has tarnished, killed, beaten while dead, revived with stem-cells and killed again the "ten reason's blah blah" title.
Here is a list of things we know but can be quick to forget:
1) The media has always thrived on bashing AVB
2) The media usually can't wait to bash spurs
3) Siggy is our only new signing to have a chance to start (mous could have)
4a) Liverpool really suck
4b) Our only competition for 4th seems to be a fragile, disconnected, and on the down Arsenal
5) our squad is more "rotatable" and deep then EVER, so bookending the season with poor performances is less likely.
Our squad was not a mess from HR, our squad was just burnt out from FRAABing all season. There are so many things to believe in that havn't even had the chance to succeed yet that I refuse to waste time looking at the few but existent negatives
I can and will continue:
6) We have the best outside back pairing in the league
7) We have 2 of the top 6 GKs in the league on our team
8a) We have Gallas, but he looks like a young Jackie Chan next to Per Mertefouler
8b) and we still have Cauker and Daws
9) AVB has stayed true to Defoe, Brad and Livermore. I for one believe Defoe deserved it and take a 4 point hit for respecting what he does for our club. If he cries in the future about a bench run that will fall on deaf ears. I see a future for Jake, so I want him encouraged to stay driven.
10) Our best team hasn't even all been on the field at the same time yet. THAT"S AWESOME cause we havn't been that far from winning.
This is not to gloss over a variety of tweaks and changes that could have been made, or will be made, or have to be made. This is to say that everyone outside of our circle jerk is giving us a dry rub, and I think we are smart enough to see the signs that AVB is lubing us up for a great season.