Well it's been a rough week for Spurs fans so I think you all deserve some good news: we have not been relegated to the Bulgarian 5th division yet. Also Vlad Chiriches might, MIGHT be ready to play against West Ham on Wednesday.
This would be big, given that Jan Vertonghen has an ankle injury and may already be a club legend at Barcelona, depending on which ITK twitter accounts you follow. Also Michael Dawson is suspended due to yellow card accumulation, but at this point I'm willing to say its 50-50 on whether or not that's a bad thing.
Of course this also means Etienne Capoue will be playing in an unfamiliar position alongside a defender he's logged no game time with. But hey, what's the worst that could happen?
In other news I'm ambivalent about, Paulinho will also be out for tomorrow's game with a red for karate kicking Suarez in the chest. Sandro will also be out because of course he is. You may look at Sandro's injuries as a negative. I choose to look at them as the only thing keeping him away from AC Milan.
No word on Christian Eriksen and Danny Rose, but if we're lucky they'll be close to ready and only, say, 10 percent injured.
- Tactics Tuesday: Liverpool bypasses Spurs' midfield and exploits makeshift backline
- Murat Yakin has talked to Tottenham Hotspur
- Should AVB have been given the rest of the season over an interim boss?
- The stats behind the sacking: Spurs shot conversion, points and through balls
- Waving goodbye to Andre Villas-Boas, who was never the best man for the job