This is my first blog, having watched and read just about every Bale related report this summer.
Here's my take.
He is staying!!
- He is still on the Spurs website advertising merchandise including the 2013/14 kit
- He is on the front cover of the forthcoming FIFA 14 game wearing the new Spurs kit
- He is also in Spurs colours for the BT advert, advertising the PL season on BT
- He was at our new kit launch earlier this summer
- He publicly stated his admiration and love for AVB
- He stated at the end of last season that he would be focusing on getting Spurs into the CL this coming season
All of the above makes me feel quite positive that he might stay a lilywhite before the following:
- Ancelotti planning for life without him, even stating that he does not need him
- Perez now stating the fee is too high
He is leaving!!
- No smoke without fire - there are just too many reports around stating that we might deal if certain players are included, the fee is £xxm, the player is disgruntled despite never actually saying anything officially and today we hear from an insider in the Wales squad saying that we won't wear our colours again.
Given all of this, Bale comes across as someone who is not going to spit his dummy if his move does not come off. He has already stated his love and admiration for AVB and the club. Yes his head may have been turned by all the "record fee" talk but is it all talk.
I would now like to hear from Levy as we did with the Modric saga, I would like to hear from Bale. I would like to hear something official from someone.
We have already made quality additions to an already quality squad. The players mentioned to replace Bale are all top quality but if we kept Bale we would surely have our best chance in a decades at winning the title.
Of course, we still need to add another LB and CB and possibly another backup striker.