Okay, so I think that if everything breaks right, we could potentially start this week.
Here are the important needs as listed in the last FanPost.
- A title for the podcast.
- Determine the frequency of the podcast (daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.).
- The number of podcast participants.
- The amount of segments on the podcast (upcoming match ups, stats talk, commentariat questions, etc.).
- How long each podcast will run (45 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours, etc.).
- What hosting software/program to use (Google+, other podcasting software).
- We do need to brainstorm ideas for a title.
- We settled on 5 Podcasters. One Mod, 3 Featured Podcasters, and One Guest Podcaster or site writer.
- We don't have segments yet, but I think that's something that will make itself clear as we actually make Podcasts.
- I think an hour is an appropriate length
- And I think we settled on Skype because certain people have a lot of knowledge in that area.
Here's the list of people that responded and the roles they volunteered for, though many volunteered for multiple roles.
Mod:D-Train, f22bandit, a01, Cry
Featured podcaster: rocs, Dr. Alien, jmano, f22bandit, BSC, Shane, Aslan, Cry, pd, a01
Guest Podcaster: D-Train, ATLBrave, f22bandit, BSC, Shane, Aslan, Cry, pd, a01, DoT, DiamondLights
Editor: ATLbrave, Dr. Alien
We can have some more discussion about roles but I believe we have enough volunteers for all of the positions that we can rotate people in and out every week.
Now we just need to pick a day and time that makes it acceptable to everyone, since we're dealing with a lot of different factors. I think the best day to do it is Thursday, so we can put it out on Friday. I have a night class Thursday, so I'm unavailable from 7:30-10:15 EST that day, but we could do it before. Or we could just do them on Mondays, in which case we would probably have to wait a week before starting.
Just wanted to put this out there so the idea doesn't die. I think it's a good idea and is certainly doable. Let's get the necessary discussion hashed out in the comments.