I'd like to keep Etienne Capoue. Letting a defensive midfielder walk just because our current manager doesn't fancy such players seems silly when the manager isn't exactly a sure bet to be back next season and whoever replaces him is likely to view such players differently. With Sandro struggling to be 90 minutes fit match in, match out, having good cover in Capoue is essential.
And who knows, maybe Capoue will stay. He just needs some playing time to keep him happy.
Etienne Capoue on Spurs situation (L'Equipe): "If I don't play, it'll be difficult. If something presents itself, we'll talk about it."— Tom Williams (@tomwfootball) January 31, 2014
Okay, we can work with that. Sure he's open to leaving if the right offer comes, but he doesn't sound desperate to get out. Smooth it over, Tim, and we're golden.
Capoue on having to play at centre-back: "I'm not surprised. It's the English spirit. They don't really know foreign players."— Tom Williams (@tomwfootball) January 31, 2014
Well crap. I'll miss you, Etienne.
- Spurs battling Inter Milan for Manchester United winger
- Tottenham Hotspur potential arrivals, departures and pipe dreams on transfer deadline day
- January transfer deadline day 2014: Tottenham Hotspur potential arrivals, departures and pipe dreams
- Manchester United reportedly chasing Spurs winger
- Friday morning Hoddle of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur news and links for January 31, 2014