This post is part of a deadline morning series on potential Tottenham transfers.You can find all of the posts in the series right here, as well as the initial post explaining this series right here.
An injury to Jan Vertonghen and the continued absence of Younes Kaboul have put Spurs in a bad situation, leaving a pair of sub-par centerbacks to man the center of defense. The results have been, well, predictable.
But Tottenham are set to change this, buying a centerback that will give them an adequate partner to Vertonghen, when the Belgian is fit, and much-needed depth in general, especially with Vertonghen the backup left back.
Don't worry, Spurs have got this.
Quick bio: He's a centerback.
Likelihood he's transferred today: It was obvious Spurs needed a centerback in the summer and they took care of business then so they will surely do so again this mon...crap.
Potential suitors: Every other team with only four centerbacks, one of whom hasn't been fit in two years and another who is the backup left back.
Price if he's sold: 11 sickles.
Are Spurs the front-runners? Dawson and Chiriches have got this.
The verdict: Drink.
- Etienne Capoue sounds off on English football
- Berbatov's agent in town, but where is the striker going?
- Potential Tottenham Hotspur arrivals: Johnny Leftback
- Spurs battling Inter Milan for Manchester United winger
- Tottenham Hotspur potential arrivals, departures and pipe dreams on transfer deadline day