Since today is Thanksgiving, or at least it is in America. That's right to all our Canadian readers, your Thanksgiving doesn't count. Someone in the mailbag yesterday mentioned that we should all be thankful for Daniel Levy. I agree, but I think we, as Spurs fans and members of the Cartilage Free Captain community, have a lot of stuff to be thankful for. With that in mind I thought I'd take sometime to list some of the things that I am thankful for. Please feel free to add your own in the comments.
- Transfer Rumor Tuesday - I don't think there's any regular feature that I enjoy writing more than TRT. I love transfer rumors and I'm excited for this post to return next week. Also, those posts got way more traffic to the site than pretty much anything else we wrote.
- The Hoddle of Coffee - I was pleased when we started the daily links post. I wasn't sure how theroosevelts would do writing it, but I have to say that I'm happy with how it's worked out. The news and links to start the morning are a great thing for all of us.
- Wheeler Dealer Radio - Not only do you guys read the stuff that we write, but you listen to us talk about football too. Editing the show is sometimes a hassle, but it's always nice to sit down and talk football with Brian, Kevin, and theroosevelts.
More things to be thankful after the jump.
- The Rise of The Commentariat - The best thing about writing for CFC is the amazing community of commenters. I feel like the community has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year and I'm glad that I've been around to be a part of it.
- Memes - There was a time when I was one of the only people posting funny pictures and GIF's. Now, we have people creating memes on the fly and they're always amazing. Seriously, I still giggle every time I think of Roman Pavlyuchenko as an airplane. VOOOOOOOM!!!1!!!
- Game Threads - Sure, we haven't hit the elusive quadruple digits yet, but the game threads are always hilarious. I have to try really hard to stifle my laughter during class while reading the threads.
- Tottenham Hotspur's Start to the season - Ok, so all those things were CFC related, but I'm also thankful for THFC related things. We haven't been beaten in the league since we faced Manchester City. We're in third place. This is a good year.
- Brad Friedel - As much as this pains me, I am glad to have the ancient American in goal. He's helped Spurs make an excellent and consistent start to the season. I'm not sure where we'd be without him.
- Sylvie Van der Vaart - Do I really need to explain this one?
- Harry Redknapp - We do a little bit of ragging on Harry for his tactics, but I guess we can't argue with results. I really hope he doesn't take the England job or go to jail. I'd much prefer he stay at Spurs and lead us to further glory.
Alright, that's all I've got. What are you thankful for?