There were a lot of negatives coming out of Monday night's 3-0 loss to Manchester United. Pretty much everything was bad, to be precise. But there was a bright spot: the debut of some promising youngsters.
Jake Livermore made his league debut and didn't have a shocker in the middle, while Kyle Walker made his much anticipated return to Tottenham (even if he had to be subbed off at halftime due to vomiting, reportedly).
But around the rest of football, there are some other Spurs proving that they deserve a place with the first place squad. Let's check them out:
- Kyle Naughton started and went 90 minutes as Norwich City drew Stoke City 1-1.
- Steven Caulker started and went 90 minutes as Swansea City drew Wigan Athletic 0-0.
- Bongani Khumalo started and went 90 minutes as Reading lost to Barnsley 2-1. He also started and went 90 minutes in the midweek as Reading lost to Portsmouth 1-0.
- Ryan Mason has an ankle injury and did not play in Doncaster Rovers' 3-0 loss to Derby County.
- Jonathan Obika started and went 90 minutes in Yeovil Town's 1-1 draw with Walsall.
- Nathan Byrne started and had an own goal as he went 90 minutes in Bouremouth's 2-0 loss to Carlisle United. He also started in Bournemouth's midweek 3-1 loss to Stevenage.
- Adam Smith started and went 90 minutes as MK Dons won over Chesterfied 6-2. He also started and went 90 minutes in the midweek as the Dons beat Yeovil Town 1-0.
- Oscar Janssen dressed but did not play as Bradford City lost to Dagenham & Redbridge 1-0.
- Simon Dawkins came on as a substitute in the 71' as San Jose Earthquakes' lost 2-0 to Los Angeles Galaxy.
Impressed by Steven Caulker shutting down Swansea, Naughton getting his first Norwich start, or Adam Smith making his MK Dons debut? Sound off below: