Things are on the up on and up for Tottenham Hotspur. Two Liverpool red cards helped lead Tottenham to a stunning 4-0 home win over the Reds. The result lifts Tottenham into the mid-table, only three points back of fourth place with a game in hand. Things are even looking up on the injury front, as William Gallas and Sandro now seem poised to return from injury.
The loanees though are going through their own injury crisis. Most notably and sadly is the knee injury of Steven Caulker, currently on loan with Swansea City. Caulker has starred for a strong Swansea defense so far, but the injury has knocked out the defender for up to eight weeks and sent him home to Tottenham for treatment. Other players picked up injuries on the weekend too, as Nathan Byrne and Adam Smith departed hurt in their respective League 1 ties.
But some things are looking up, as Kyle Naughton put in another strong performance for a winning Norwich side and David Bentley began to establish himself at West Ham. Let's check out this week's performances:
- Kyle Naughton started and went 90 minutes as Norwich City defeated Bolton Wanderers 2-1.
- Steven Caulker is out with a knee injury. He has returned to Tottenham Hotspur for treatment.
- Jermaine Jenas did not dress as Aston Villa drew Newcastle 1-1. Jenas is recovering from a thigh injury.
- David Bentley started and went 90 minutes as West Ham drew Millwall 0-0.
- Bongani Khumalo did not dress as Reading beat Doncaster Rovers 2-0.
- Ryan Mason has an ankle injury and did not play in Doncaster Rovers' 2-0 loss to Reading.
- Ben Ainwick started and went 90 minutes in Leyton Orient's 3-1 loss to Oldham Athletic.
- David Button did not dress in Leyton Orient's 3-1 loss to Oldham Athletic. Button is recovering from a shoulder injury.
- Jonathan Obika did not dress in Yeovil Town's 3-2 loss to Sheffield Wednesday.
- Nathan Byrne started as he went 42 minutes in Bouremouth's 2-0 win over Exeter City. Byrne left with an injury.
- Adam Smith started and went 52 minutes as MK Dons drew Huddersfield Town 1-1. Smith left with injury
- Simon Dawkins started and went 82 minutes as San Jose Earthquakes lost to Houston Dynamo 2-1.