Team news has arrived for the Southampton game, and it's pretty much devoid of surprises. According to the official team site, Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul remain sidelined with the injuries that have kept them out of the last handful of games. The extent of Andros Townsend's hamstring injury isn't known yet, but he is unsurprisingly not available this weekend.
Tottenham Hotspur will, however, have Michael Dawson available. He served his suspension for yellow card accumulation mid-week and will at least be in the 18-man squad. He'll probably start given that Etienne Capoue isn't really a central defender, and we'll let you decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing. Paulinho is still suspended, and will be suspended for a further domestic match after this one.
There's no mention of Sandro in team news, which we hope is a good thing. Surely if he was unavailable, he would have been mentioned, yes? I'm hoping to see him in the starting XI on Sunday. Since there's no mention of Danny Rose or Emmanuel Adebayor either, I'm going to guess they suffered no fitness setbacks on Wednesday. It'll be interesting to see if Rose, Zeki Fryers or Kyle Naughton gets the nod at left back.
- Carlos Queiroz links himself to the managerial vacancy at Tottenham Hotspur
- Friday morning Hoddle of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur news and links for December 20, 2013
- Frank De Boer's agent denies Tottenham contact
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United: Final score 1-2, same as it ever was
- Which players will get a new lease on life under Sherwood?