Well this sucks.
Yevhen Konoplyanka has chosen to join Liverpool instead of Tottenham Hotspur, according to talkSPORT and multiple other outlets. Both teams had put in bids for the Ukrainian winger, leaving him to choose between the two clubs and he picked the Reds.
Honestly, this isn't that big of a deal. Konoplyanka is a good player, but with the fee reported to be £16 million, he was overpriced. That is especially true for a team that already had Nacer Chadli, who is only slightly wore than Konoplyanka, if he's worse at all.
Mainly, this just sucks because Spurs lost out to Liverpool. Like a player simply picked a move to Anfield. Losing anything to them is gross.
That they actually are in need of a bit of wing help so he is a real addition just makes things worse, but mainly it's losing anything to them that sucks.
WHATEVER, I DIDN'T EVEN WANT KONOPLYANKA ANYWAY.
- Etienne Capoue sounds off on English football
- Berbatov's agent in town, but where is the striker going?
- Potential Tottenham Hotspur arrivals: Johnny Leftback
- Spurs battling Inter Milan for Manchester United winger
- Tottenham Hotspur potential arrivals, departures and pipe dreams on transfer deadline day