We're agreed that the international football break is the bane of our existence, but there ARE Tottenham Hotspur players in action this week and next. Some of the matches have already happened, and some have yet to happen. Here's a breakdown of what has come, and what's coming up through this weekend.
- Federico Fazio earned his third cap for Argentina and played 90' and Erik Lamela came off the bench in the 76th as Argentina beat Croatia 2-1 in an international friendly.
- Jan Vertonghen played the full 90 minutes, Mousa Dembele played the opening 45 minutes, and Nacer Chadli was an unused sub in Belgium's 3-1 win over Iceland.
- Alex Pritchard and Tom Carroll both featured as England's U21 beat Portugal's U21 3-1. Harry Kane did not feature in this match which boggles my mind.
- Spurs youngster Dominic Ball was subbed on in the 23rd minute as England's U20 squad drew 2-2 with Canada U20.
- Filip Lesniak went the distance for Slovakia's U19 as they beat Azerbaijan's U19s 4-1 in U19 European Qualifying.
- Hugo Lloris is in in the France squad and is expected to start in their international friendly against Albania today (2:45 pm ET)
- DeAndre Yedlin is in Jurgen Klinsmann's side which will play a friendly against Colombia at Craven Cottage in London today (2:45 ET)
- Emmanuel Adebayor is presumably in the Togo side (though I can't find confirmation) that will play Guinea in African Cup of Nations qualification Saturday (10:30 am ET)
- The aforementioned Belgian Spurs contingent hosts Ben Davies and Wales in European Qualification on Sunday (noon ET)