IT'S MATCH DAY EVERYONE! Tottenham Hotspur takes on Burnley at White Hart Lane. Spurs have racked up a couple of wins lately and are coming off an impressive 4-0 thumping of Newcastle in the Capital One Cup. Unfortunately, Burnley is also coalescing and is coming off its own important win, a 1-0 win over Southampton. Tottenham wants top four. Burnley just wants top 17.
Three points today puts us in good shape heading into the holiday fixture congestion. LET'S DO THIS THING!
Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Rose, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 20, 2014
Well, not much here that's a surprise. Ryan Mason returns to the starting lineup beside Nabil Bentaleb, which against Burnley is fine, I guess. Fazio-Vertonghen continues to be Poche's first choice centerback pairing. Erik Lamela will get another shot at right wing ahead of Kyle Walker, and Harry Kane is still my favorite and I love him. Nothing shocking in this lineup. It should be enough to win, one hopes.
How to Watch:
Match time: 3:00 p.m. (U.K.), 10:00 a.m. (USA ET)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, England
TV: Tough luck, England, you can't watch this game because your country's sport television broadcast system is screwed up. You can probably find the match on BBC Radio, however.
'Merican viewers can find watch the match on NBC Premier League Extra Time (i.e. the "extra channels") or you can stream the match online via NBC Sports Live Extra depending on your cable package. Our Canadian friends can view it on Sportsnet 1, and it's on Fox Sports 3 in Oz.
Yes, we are aware of such things called "illegal streams." No, we're not going to help you find any, sorry. No, you can't talk about them in the comments, either.
If you're watching from elsewhere in the world, find your local footy listings on livesoccertv.com.
Match thread rules:
To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even when we're losing to Burnley. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "Harry Kane is really playing poorly today." It's not okay to say "F#*$ OFF HARRY KANE YOU F#@(~)* OPEN MOUTHED #&%!" I think you know the difference. Besides, we love Harry Kane and that's mean.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.