The crazy holiday fixture congestion continues for Tottenham Hotspur. Just three days after their trip to Leicester, Spurs return home to take on a newly-revitalized Manchester United who is sitting third under manager Louis Van Gaal. Win, and with the right results falling their way, and Spurs could end the day in fourth place.
United’s subs vs Spurs: Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Shaw, Fletcher, A.Pereira, Wilson. #mufclive— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 28, 2014
Spurs have rotated their side. Kyle Walker and Erik Lamela make way for Vlad Chiriches and Andros Townsend, while Benjamin Stambouli will pair with Ryan Mason in the center of midfield. Gotta say, gang, this makes me nervous. Mousa Dembele on the bench makes me feel a little better, but Nabil Bentaleb not making the 18 does NOT make me feel any better.
Meanwhile, United puts out a side that is unchanged from their win over Newcastle. Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata, Robin van Persie, and Radamel Falcao against our back line that hasn't really been all that great lately kind of gives me the vapors.
How to Watch:
Match time: 12:00 (U.K.), 7:00 a.m. (USA ET)
Venue: White Hart Lane, north London, England
TV: ENGERLAND! You finally can watch your Spurs play on TV! It's live on BT Sport 1, or online.
Our American viewers can find watch the match on NBC Sports Network, finally (I guess it pays to play Manchester United: you make it on an actual TV channel) or you can stream the match online via NBC Sports Live Extra depending on your cable package.
Are you a Canuck? You can find it on on TSN1, TSN4, or TSN5, or also in French on RDS2. Why all four? Because reasons. Aussies can find the match on Fox Sports 4 Australia, or online at Foxtel Play.
Yes, we are aware of such things called "illegal streams." No, we're not going to help you find any, sorry. No, you can't talk about them in the comments, either.
If you're watching from elsewhere in the world, find your local footy listings on livesoccertv.com.
Match thread rules:
To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even when we're losing to Burnley. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.