Tim Sherwood spoke to the media after training today, and he had some very bad news. Don't expect to see either Erik Lamela or Vlad Chiriches anytime soon, kids.
Sherwood: Lamela & Chiriches unfortunately some weeks away from being fully fit. #THFC— James Burford (@JamesBurf) February 11, 2014
If you're wondering about Burford's low follower count, one of his followers is Sky Sports, so he almost certainly is who he says he is.
Tim Sherwood said last week that Lamela had multiple injuries and that he did not have a timetable for the Argentinian's return, it isn't too much of a surprise that he won't return for a while. However, we hadn't heard anything about Chiriches' injury being particularly serious, and it's disappointing that he won't be available for a while.
This means that our fourth central defender is either Milos Veljkovic or Etienne Capoue, and our third is Younes Kaboul, who may or may not be fit enough to start consecutive games ever again. This is concerning, especially since Milos played midfield in Monday's Under-21 game and has been playing more midfield than defense for quite some time.
We're thin. It sucks. Let's hope Michael Dawson and Jan Vertonghen can stay healthy, and that Andros Townsend can start making a big impact.
- Premier League Projections, Week 25: A New Leader Emerges (Sort of)
- Tuesday Morning Hoddle Of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur News And Links For February 11, 2014
- A reminder that Lewis Holtby is great
- Hot stat takes: On Manchester United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton: Player ratings to the theme of Conversation Hearts messages