Roy Hodgson has named a 30-man squad for England's friendly next week against Denmark. The squad features three Tottenham Hotspur players, Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, and Jermain Defoe. The squad also features, perhaps rather oddly, more goalkeepers (4) than central defenders (3). So, obviously Roy knows what he's doing.
Walker, is working his way back from injury, so I can't say that I'm super excited to see him called up. Though, with a 30-man squad, it seems unlikely that he'll actually play. Townsend hasn't featured lately for Spurs, so more minutes for him after his injury would probably be good. Defoe, who is still technically a Tottenham Hotspur player, could also use some minutes before he gets thrown into the fire in MLS.
For the U-21's, Tom Carroll, Zeki Fryers, and Harry Kane will all feature. This is Fryers' second call-up to the U-21 team, though he is still looking for his first cap. Carroll will be looking to make his seventh appearance for the team and can will be on track to make his fifth appearance.
- Tottenham Hotspur team news: Unleash the Beast
- Thursday Morning Hoddle Of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur News And Links For February 27, 2014
- Wednesday Champions League Open Thread
- Premier League Projections, Week 27: Is this the end?
- Wednesday Morning Hoddle Of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur News And Links For February 26, 2014