Full team news won't arrive until training concludes on Friday, but Tim Sherwood has confirmed two injury returns for Spurs. One we knew about -- Andros Townsend -- while the other was just assumed. Mousa Dembele will join Townsend in making his return to availability for Spurs in their massive game against Everton this weekend.
Here's what Sherwood had to say on the official club site.
"We're positive on Andros and he has a chance [to play against Everton], he's up for selection. He's champing at the bit to return ... [Dembele is] fine. He's back out training again and he's in the frame to start against Everton."
With no disrespect intended towards Nabil Bentaleb, I'm hoping that Paulinho and Dembele's returns to full health means that the young Frenchman will be given a rest. He hasn't been at his best over the last couple of games and I'd much rather have veteran players -- especially ones with a knack for pulling off the spectacular on occasion -- in midfield against Everton.
- Vertonghen doesn't have a stylistic preference
- Thursday Morning Hoddle Of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur News And Links February 6, 2014
- Replacing Sherwood with Laudrup would ensure continued mediocrity
- Shaq Coulthirst returns from loan at Leyton Orient
- Shot Matrix International II: Shot Type and Pass Type