Hi, Spurs fans! Were you feeling like there was a dearth of narrative in your life? Fret no more: Liverpool have hired Jurgen Klopp, and his first match is at White Hart Lane.
3-2, 0-3, 4-0, 0-5. We all know the scores from the previous four matches against Liverpool, all losses. The Reds have had Spurs' number the past few seasons, and it's been more or less ugly. But this time it feels different. On paper, Spurs would actually seem to have the upper hand. They are the in-form team at the moment, having lost only one league match all season. But it's Jurgen Klopp. Also, it's Liverpool, and this is the kind of match that always seems to come back to bite Spurs in the rear end.
The Kloppster (is that a thing? Can we make that a thing?) is bringing a banged up squad that is minus Christian Benteke, Jordan Henderson, Danny Ings, Roberto Firmino, and Jon Flanagan. Spurs are likewise missing Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb, Son Heung-Min, and Alex Pritchard, while Eric Dier misses the match due to suspension. So it doesn't look that great for Spurs' midfield, either.
However, that's what we said about the Manchester City match, too, and that turned out pretty good. In a sense this could be the best possible time to face Liverpool: they're under new management and haven't yet found their feet. Three points against a club that's outscored us 15-2 the past four meetings would sure make a statement, wouldn't it?
Let's gegenkick their ass. COYS!
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 17, 12:45 p.m. (UK), 7:45 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Craig Pawson
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK), RDS, TSN (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), BT Sport (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!