Who's ready for some more Europa? Tottenham Hotspur square off against Anderlecht for the first time since 2008, and just the second time since that magical night at White Hart Lane in 1984. The Belgians are third in the Jupiler League, but are known as a Belgian soccer power. Currently, they're bottom of Europa Group J with a point after drawing Monaco at home and losing at Qarabag.
Spurs, by contrast, are top of the table with four points with a win over Qarabag and a draw at Monaco. Mauricio Pochettino is taking an injury-ravaged Tottenham and hoping they can all but clinch progression to the knock-out rounds with an away win in Brussels.
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, October 22, 7:00 p.m. (Brussels), 6:00 p.m. (UK), 1:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, Anderlecht, Brussels, Belgium
Official: Pol van Boekel (NED)
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), BT Sport Europe (UK), TSN1 (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!