It's match day! Tottenham Hotspur head to Bournemouth to take on Eddie Howe and the Cherries, which sounds like a really bad Motown band from the late 1950s. Spurs are still Unbeaten Since United™ in the league, but are coming off of an anger-inducing Europa League loss at Anderlecht, and are probably pretty motivated to do well.
Spurs appear ready to welcome Ryan Mason back to the match day squad, though it's unlikely he'll start today. Eric Dier will undoubtedly anchor the midfield, probably alongside Dele Alli. The injury to Nacer Chadli could mean that either Clinton N'Jie or Mousa Dembele will start in the attacking midfield band behind Harry Kane.
Eddie Howe's team are just about as beat up as Spurs are at the moment, and unfortunately for them it's the bulk of their scoring that's taken the hit. Bournemouth are without Callum Wilson, Max Gradel, Artur Boruc, and record signing Tyrone Mings, but are staying afloat thanks to the goal scoring pace of Glenn Murray, who has already scored nine goals this season.
In other words, this is a team of Cherries that's ripe for the picking. Losing to them would be the pits.
No major surprises as with both Son and Chadli out with injuries, Dembele gets the start and looks to be playing out left. Don't be surprised if we see some switching and he ends up playing the middle or even switches with Alli on occasion. The rest of the Starting XI is about what you would expect.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, October 25, 3:05 p.m. (UK), 10:05 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Dean Court, Bournemouth, UK
Official: Roger East
TV: NBC Sports Extra Time [the "extra channels"] (USA), not televised (UK), SportsNet World (Canada), Fox Sports 5 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!