Tottenham still haven't lost since opening day.† Think about that for a second. Spurs head to Wales to take on Swansea City as the eighth-place team in England, but a win can take them as high as fourth. Despite some nasty midfield injuries, Spurs are flying high right now and playing some wonderful football.
But don't take that for granted. Though Spurs seemed to exorcize the Europa League curse by beating Crystal Palace after the Qarabag match a couple of weeks ago, heading to Swansea after a trip to the Principality of Monaco is a little different. Sure, Spurs have never lost to the Swans since their promotion to the Premier League in 2011, but there's a first time for everything and most Spurs fans will acknowledge that at times Spurs have been a bit lucky to come away with a result.
Spurs are without their creative winger Son Heung-Min and a host of other central midfielders, and will likely again welcome Nacer Chadli back to the starting lineup alongside Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, and all behind the hopefully-resurgent, duck broken, monkey-on-back-free Harry Kane. Swansea are perfectly healthy, and Garry Monk might fancy his chances of nicking at least a point at the Liberty Stadium today.
† – By that I mean, of course, in the league. We'll pretend that match against an obviously PED-enhanced Flamini and the Scum doesn't exist.
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Alli, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane. #COYS https://t.co/KXqErwJyA9— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 4, 2015
#THFC subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Carroll, Dembele, Townsend, Clinton #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 4, 2015
TEAM NEWS: Here’s how the #Swans will line-up against @SpursOfficial this afternoon… #SWATOT pic.twitter.com/FJGiKuzV21— Swansea City FC (@SwansOfficial) October 4, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, October 4, 4 p.m. (UK), 11 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea, UK
Official: Mike Dean
TV: DirecTV Only - Channel 491 (USA), Not Televised (UK), Sportsnet (Canada), Fox Sports 5 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!