Tottenham Hotspur take on Aston Villa today at White Hart Lane in a rare Monday night match for Spurs. The direction of these two clubs couldn't be more different: Tottenham are unbeaten in their last nine league matches, with their only loss coming at Old Trafford in week 1.
Villa, by contrast, sold best players Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke this summer, and unsurprisingly were terrible under now-former manager Tim Sherwood. The Villains are now mired at the bottom of the Premier League table and are desperately hoping that new manager Remi Garde, who may attend today's match in the stands, can keep Villa up.
Spurs are at home and riding a hot streak. On paper, Tottenham are obvious favorites to win. But matches aren't played on paper, and Tottenham can't afford to let off at all if they want to continue to push for a place in the top four. A win today puts them in fifth, just three points out of third, and perhaps more importantly establishes momentum going into a critical home Europa League match against Anderlecht on Thursday and the North London Derby on Sunday.
Subs: Vorm, Davies, Fazio, Trippier, Mason, Onomah, Townsend #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 2, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, November 2, 8:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Dean
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), Now TV UK [Sky], Sky Go (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!