Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham don't like each other so much. Wait, let me rephrase: Tottenham and West Ham are London rivals, but the hate seems mostly one-sided. West Ham loathes Tottenham, but at least lately, Spurs have mostly viewed West Ham as an annoyance. It's a rivalry, I guess, but Spurs seems to reserve most of their hatred for their true rival, Arsenal, with the bulk left over going towards Chelsea. (That Champions League win in 2012 still stings.
However, the Hammers are standing in the way of 12 consecutive league matches without a loss, and the 'annoyance' factor has been a little bit more prominent over the past few years. Spurs haven't won the last three times that West Ham have visited White Hart lane, and have won only once in their last five meetings: last year, a 1-0 win at the Boleyn Ground.
Win today and Spurs' position doesn't change on the table, but it still cements Tottenham as a major player in the race for top four and puts them within four points of league leaders Leicester City and oh my God did I really just type those words, this season is so weird.
Spurs are without the suspended Erik Lamela, which means Son Heung-Min should make his first start since injuring his foot several weeks ago. Dimitri Payet, West Ham's best player, is out today, and Enner Valencia will also not feature. However, Alex Song is back in contention, though he'll likely start on the bench.
Lineups will be posted when released by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, November 22, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Anthony Taylor
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!