Match day. Tottenham Hotspur host Chelsea in a Premier League match at White Hart Lane. Are you terrified? It's okay to be terrified.
For the first time in a long time, Tottenham are entering into a match against Chelsea as favorites, with bookies giving them 6/4 odds to win, alongside Chelsea's 7/4 odds. But even though the Blues are ten points back of Spurs and are languishing in 15th place, this is still the defending champions, and this is still a Mourinho-managed team. Chelsea are still, at least on paper, the better side, and a win today could very well kick-start their season back into positive territory. For Spurs, a win today cements them not only as favorites to get top four, but possibly even higher.
Chelsea are without starting keeper Thibaut Courtois, captain John Terry, defensive midfielder Ramires, and striker Radamel Falcao. Spurs will be without the suspended Dele Alli, and Nacer Chadli, Alex Pritchard, and Nabil Bentaleb remain out.
This is the definition of a six-pointer. Win today, and Spurs can effectively prevent Chelsea from catching up to them. Lose, and they let a rival back into possible contention for top four. This is a big one, folks. Let's do it.
Chelsea team v Tottenham: Begovic; Ivanovic (c), Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Hazard. #CFC— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) November 29, 2015
Chelsea subs today: Amelia, Djilobodji, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Diego Costa. #CFC— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) November 29, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, November 29, 12:00 p.m. (UK), 7:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, England, UK
Official: Michael Oliver
TV: USA (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), BT Sport 1 (UK), TSN1/4/5, RDS2 (Canada), Fox Sports 4 Australia (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!