Tottenham Hotspur's hell week continues today as they host Anderlecht in the Europa League at White Hart Lane. We remember what happened the last time these two teams met: Spurs jumped out to a very early lead before conceding two goals and losing in Brussels 2-1. Spurs are now third in their Europa League group on goal differential and pretty desperately need a win today in order to advance out of the group stages. Lose, and their chances of progression take a huge hit.
Nobody's quite sure what lineup Mauricio Pochettino will trot out today, but one expects it to be strong. This is a big game, and even though Spurs have a North London Derby coming up on Sunday, this is still a major competition, so only three points will do. Expect the likes of Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris, Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, and Christian Eriksen to get starts. All indications are that Poche is taking this seriously.
Subs: Vorm, Fazio, Wimmer, Carroll, Dembele, Onomah, Son. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 5, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 8:05 p.m. (UK), 3:05 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Orel Grinfeeld (ISR)
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), ESPN Deportes+ (USA - Spanish), BT Sport Europe (UK), beIN Sports (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA), ESPN3 (USA - Spanish), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK), beIN Sports Connect (Canada, Australia)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!