It's Arsenal Day, Tottenham fans. Oh, you know you're ready for this one.
Rarely has a North London Derby been so hotly anticipated, and it's because both teams are actually GOOD. Tottenham come into this match unbeaten in their last ten league matches, and with, shockingly, one of the best defenses in the league. Once a walking midfield hospital, their injured players have (mostly) returned to the fold, with Son Heung-Min playing a shift in Spurs' 2-1 win over Anderlecht earlier this week. Confidence is high at Spurs Lodge, and after last year's draw at the Emirates, Spurs will likely enter this match feeling like they can get a result.
Unfortunately, Arsenal are still probably better. The Gunners are flying high right now and are second in table by goal differential, tied on points with league leaders Manchester City. Arsenal are playing well, have the league's best defense (by one goal conceded), and are looking more and more like legitimate title contenders. They're a little banged up as well, but it's Tottenham, and they're playing at the Emirates. Don't think this doesn't mean something. It does. (Well, maybe not to Gabriel Paulista, but he's Brazilian.)
The questions abound: can Tottenham's stout defense of their own cope with Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil? Can Spurs' high press fluster Arsenal's midfield into making mistakes? Can Spurs stay clinical enough to profit on the chances they will create? Will Kane score? Will Arsene figure out how to work his zipper?
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, November 8, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Emirates Stadium, London, UK
Official: Martin Atkinson
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN4 (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- No matter what happens today, DO NOT go to The Short Fuse to troll. PERIOD. We follow the reciprocal ban policy: if you're banned over there, you're banned here too. End of.
- Have fun, and COYS!