Tottenham play Newcastle today and g*d***n if I don't want to go punch out a horse right now. Think last week was a good opportunity? Thanks to Manchester United crapping the bed against Bournemouth, a win today takes Spurs into fourth place, three (or four, depending on Arsenal) points from the top of the table.
Spurs are riding a 14-match unbeaten streak, but the problem is the draws: there have been too dang many of them. But a home match against a side that, while not exactly relegation quality, hasn't been exactly [caley] GOOD [/caley] might just be the ticket to finally get over that Sisyphean hump into the Champions League qualification spots.
Spurs are without Mousa Dembele, who has a foot injury, Clinton N'Jie, who has a knee injury, and Alex Pritchard, who is still recovering from ankle surgery. That probably means Erik Lamela, Christian Eriksen, and Son Heung-Min will comprise the attacking band of three ahead of Dele Alli and Eric Dier, but who knows -- could we see TOMMY FAHKKIN' CARROLL sneak into the lineup after his Messi-anic performance against Monaco on Thursday?
Nouveaux Chateau are, to put it mildly, banged up. They lead the EPL injury table with 10 players out. Chieck Tiote, Tim Krul, Gabriel Obertan, and Steven Taylor highlight the list, which won't make manager Steve McClaren very happy. That said, Toon would be very happy with a result of any kind against Spurs today.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, December 13, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Roger East
TV: Telemundo (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!