It's match day! Tottenham are on the south coast of England to take on Harry Redknapp's old club Southampton in a league match that will hopefully break them out of their doldrums and propel them back up towards the top of the table.
Spurs are still shaking off the disappointment of a 2-1 loss at home to Newcastle last weekend, and a somewhat dour previous draw against West Brom. But sandwiched inbetween was an outstanding 4-1 thumping of Monaco in the Europa League (albeit with their B team), so we know this team is capable of playing good football.
Mousa Dembele is expected to be at least in contention to play (if not start) today after recovering from a foot injury, but Ryan Mason is still injured and will miss out. Reliable ITK suggested that Alex Pritchard is now sprinting on his repaired knee but hasn't yet returned to training and the earliest we might see him is in the new year.
St. Mary's isn't an easy place to play, and Saints will be looking to get one back on Spurs after they swooped Toby Alderweireld and chief scout Paul Mitchell out from under them this summer.
The bad news is that this match isn't televised in the UK, and is only on the NBC overflow channels (which not everyone gets) in the USA. So fire up those radio feeds, and let's let the Saints go marching right back out.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, December 19, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton, UK
Official: Kevin Friend
TV: NBC Sports Premier League Extra Time [the bonus channels] (USA), not televised (UK), TSN4 (Canada), Fox Sports 5 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!