Happy Boxing Day, everyone! Today continues a long tradition in England where football matches are played, but somehow inexplicably not televised, on the day after Christmas when most people are either still recovering from the Christmas meal or are still hung over from the previous night's revelries.
Thankfully, our Tottenham Hotspur players don't have to travel far, as they host Norwich City in the first of their last matches of 2015. Spurs finally cracked the top four last weekend after a 2-0 away win at Southampton, and with a winnable match against the Canaries upcoming, they'd sure like to keep their place, thank you very much. A win means they keep pace (or possibly even gain) on league leaders Leicester. Drop points and they could see themselves eclipsed in the table by Manchester United, Crystal Palace, or even Watford.
The good news is that Spurs are as healthy as they've been in a while. Only Clinton N'Jie and Alex Pritchard are out and both are still long-term injuries, which means Mauricio Pochettino has has some decisions to make on who makes the match day 18. Will Poche ride with the lineup that won at St. Mary's, or will there be rotation with a trip to Watford coming up in just two days?
The bad news is that the match apparently isn't televised anywhere in the UK, so our listeners in England will need to find a radio stream to follow along. USA viewers can find the match on the NBC Sports "extra channels."
As for Norwich, they're also healthy, with only Matt Jarvis and Andre Wisdom, and Wisdom could be in the frame for a return today as well. The Canaries picked up a huge win at United last weekend, and are hoping to add another away win on the trot.
Our Boxing Day referee is Mike Jones (who?) MIKE JONES (who?). That's one of the few rapper jokes I know, fam, revel in it.
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane. #COYS https://t.co/VUeFXUHO6y— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 26, 2015
TEAM: Rudd; Martin (c), Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Mulumbu, Tettey, Brady; Odjidja; Jerome. #ncfc— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) December 26, 2015
SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Whittaker, Howson, Mbokani, Hoolahan, Dorrans, Lafferty. #ncfc— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) December 26, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, December 26, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Jones (Active since 2008, 155 matches, 502 Yellow Cards, 23 Red Cards)
TV: NBC Sports Premier League Extra Time [the bonus channels] (USA), not televised (UK), TSN4 (Canada), Fox Sports 5 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!