Match day! Tottenham Hotspur travel to the Midlands today to take on West Bromwich Albion with a chance to go 14 league matches unbeaten. It's already the longest unbeaten run Spurs have had in the Premier League era, and well on the way to the 22 match unbeaten run by the 1949 Hotspurs.
But West Brom don't care. They'll be looking to get points off Spurs any way they can, and they're likely going to park the bus to do it. Former Spurs manager and current Baggies coach Gerry Francis has already admitted that they play to play on the counter, so it will be up to Spurs, their vaunted high press, and their creative players to unlock the Albion defense.
Spurs are as healthy as they've been in a while, with only Alex Pritchard, Nabil Bentaleb, and Nacer Chadli sidelined. West Brom are healthy too, with only keeper Ben Foster out. Most eyes will be on Saido Berahino as he takes on the club to which he was very nearly sold this summer if not for the machinations of Albion owner Jeremy Peace.
Albion may defend, but this isn't Chelsea, so Spurs should likely be disappointed with anything less than three points today. A win and some favorable results could mean Spurs could finally crack the top four for the first time this season, and wouldn't that be just nifty?
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Winks, Onomah, Clinton, Son #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 5, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, December 5, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: The Hawthorns, West Bromwich, UK
Official: Jonathan Moss
TV: NBC Extra Time overflow channels (USA), Not Televised (UK), TSN 4 (Canada), Fox Sports 5 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!