Well, that was a great start to a very difficult run of games for Tottenham Hotspur, wasn't it? Saturday's 2-1 dismantling of Arsenal in the North London Derby set the stage for an equally important trip to Anfield to take on LIverpool. The Reds are currently on their own great run of form, and while they're currently a ways back from the Champions League positions, all they need is big win against a side ahead of them in the table to get them back in contention. A win against, say, Tottenham Hotspur.
The news that Liverpool's Raheem Sterling and Lucas are both out will give Spurs a boost going into this game, but it also appears that Daniel Sturridge has risen from the dead just in time to play Tottenham again, which kind of sucks. Meanwhile, Tottenham are fully healthy, on a good run of form, and are ready to bury the narrative that they can't beat Liverpool once and for all.
This one should be fun.
How to Watch:
Match time: 8:00 p.m. (U.K.), 3:00 pm (USA ET)
Venue: Anfield Stadium, Liverpool, England
TV: It's another weekday match, which stinks for those of us with things like "real jobs" and "lives." In USA, the match is televised via the usual channels: NBC Sports Network, and online via NBCS Live Extra. Canadians: find it on Sportsnet. Aussies: Fox Sports 4. Are you tuning in from Jamaica, mon? Try SportsMax 2. Other countries can find your local TV listings here.
Yes, we are aware of such things called "illegal streams." No, we're not going to help you find any, sorry. No, you can't talk about them in the comments, either.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even when we're losing to Liverpool OH GOD PLEASE NOT AGAIN. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- You guys did great in the comments against Arsenal. Now, let's continue that record: DO NOT TROLL THE LIVERPOOL OFFSIDE. If you are banned over there, you will be banned over here.
- Have fun and COYS!