Tottenham Hotspur have a chance – a slim one to be sure, but still a chance – to take home silverware and cup glory in today's Capital One Cup final against Chelsea. They have a more than zero percent chance of beating the presumptive league winners on a neutral field where fan support will be at worst equal.
Tottenham Hotspur are underdogs, to be sure, but they were underdogs at White Hart Lane against Chelsea on New Year's Day and they thumped them 5-1. Matic is suspended. Mourinho is playing mind games. It could happen!
It's one match. Anything can happen in one match at Wembley. Go for glory. The game is about glory. Pull out the stops. No rotation, no capitulation. Strongest possible team. Pull out the stops. Leave everything on the field. Press them off the pitch. Get the ball to Harry Kane. Let Christian Eriksen take the free kicks. Put the white ribbons on the trophy and lift it high.
CUP FINAL, Y'ALL.
Team to face Spurs: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Cahill, Fabregas; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CFCWembley— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) March 1, 2015
Today's subs: Courtois, Filipe Luis, Ake, Oscar, Cuadrado, Drogba and Remy. #CFCWembley— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) March 1, 2015
How to Watch:
Match Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015
Time: 3:00 pm GMT (11:00 a.m. ET)
Location: Wembley Stadium, London, England
Weather: Afternoon showers and windy. High 52º F.
TV/Streaming: Will this match be televised? You bet your butt. USA and Canada residents can watch it on beIN Sports, or stream it live through beIN SPORTS CONNECT. UK residents can watch it on Sky Sports 1. Aussies can watch it on SBS 1 Australia. Elsewhere, find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy). If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even when we're getting our asses handed to us by Jose Mourinho. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!