Wheeee it's international break and that means a bunch of meaningless friendlies that nobody cares about. Except here's one that may be of interest to a lot of you. The USA Men's National Team (USMNT), managed by former Spurs legend Jurgen Klinsmann and featuring Tottenham player DeAndre Yedlin, is playing a friendly against Denmark, which features Spurs star Christian Eriksen.
Use this thread to talk about the match!
#USMNT Starters for #USAvDEN: Rimando; Chandler, Orozco, Brooks, Garza; Zardes, Bedoya, Bradley (c), Johnson; Altidore, Johannsson— U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) March 25, 2015
Subs for the #USMNT tonight: Yedlin, Ream, Morales, Ibarra, Shea, Williams, Green, Rubin, Alvarado, Yarbrough— U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) March 25, 2015
Denmark side to play USA: #USAvDEN : Andersen; Wass, Kjær, Sviatchenko, Boilesen, Kvist, Krohn-Dehli, Eriksen, Bendtner, J Poulsen, Vibe— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) March 25, 2015
How to Watch
Match Date: Wednesday, March 25
Time: 3:15 p.m. ET (7:15 p.m. GMT)
Location: NRGI Stadium, Aarhus, Denmark
TV/Streaming: Americans can watch this match live on ESPN, and also online at WatchESPN. If you're in the UK or Canada, you're stuck as it's not (legally) broadcast. It is, ironically, on ESPN Australia. Find your local listings for the match here.
Match thread rules:
It might be an international friendly, but the match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. It's just a friendly. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun!