The stress of last week has past, but Spurs are still in the middle of a killer stretch of matches that includes today's match against Swansea and culminates with Saturday's trip to QPR. It's brutal, but it's a natural consequence of participating in (up to now) three competitions in the latter stages of the season.
Swansea City are riding a two game winning streak that includes a home victory over Manchester United, and if your'e going to play Tottenham Hotspur at home, playing them after a hard week where Spurs have been knocked out of two competitions is about the best possible time to do so. Gylfi Sigurdsson and Kyle Naughton are both returning to White Hart Lane for the first time since they were sold to Swansea. Tom Carroll is on loan there, but of course won't play against his home club, which is something of a blessing considering he's been on a decent run of form lately.
Both clubs could use the three points today. Let's see what happens. COYS!
How to Watch
Match Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Time: 7:45 pm, GMT (2:45 p.m. ET)
Location: White Hart Lane, London, England
TV/Streaming: As per usual, in the United States this league match is being broadcast on NBC Sports Network or streamed online at NBC Sports Live Extra, if you have the right cable package. It's apparently not televised in the UK, so you're stuck with radio, Britons, sorry. Strangely, there are absolutely NO listings for Canada or Australia, TV, streaming, or otherwise. Bizarre. Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even when Gylfi is putting a hat trick past us and we all want to cry. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!