It's Tim Time. Tim Sherwood makes his (triumphant? ignominious? gasconading?) return to White Hart Lane, but this time it's as the manager of Aston Villa. We've had to suffer through a week of Sherwood-mania, of awful quotes, and face-melting #narrative. And now all that's left is to play the actual match and find out what happens when these two teams take the field.
Spurs are dinged up defensively, with Hugo Lloris and Kyle Walker both out with injury, and Jan Vertonghen still a fitness doubt due to illness. We've debated the pros and cons of DeAndre Yedlin vs. Vlad Chiriches at right back, angsted over the center midfield pairing of Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb, and wondered where the [FUN] is Erik Lamela. Now we get to see what kind of scary lineup Mauricio Pochettino puts out against that scary, glorious, 4-4-Tim formation.
It's gonna be... something. I'm scared. Hold me.
How to Watch
Match Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015
Time: 3:00 pm, GMT (10:00 a.m. ET)
Location: White Hart Lane, north London, England
TV/Streaming: As per usual, the match is broadcast on NBC Sports Network and live-streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra in the USA. It's apparently not on TV in the United Kingdom. Soz, m8s. It's on Sportsnet in Canada and Fox Sports 4 in Australia. Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated, even if Tim Sherwood jumps on the pitch and scores the winning goal himself.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. Even Tim Sherwood. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!