Hooray for actual league football! Tottenham Hotspur had up the road to Lancashire to face Burnley FC at Turf Moor this morning. Spurs didn't fare so well the last time they played at Turf Moor, drawing 1-1 with the Clarets in the FA Cup using a rotated side. This time they're playing a (almost) full-strength team, and are (mostly) healthy and rested after the international "break."
Burnley are fighting for their Premier League lives, as they are 19th in the table and desperately need points at this stage if they are to have any hope of staying up. They're also not very good, having scored only 14 goals in 15 league matches. Naturally, this means they'll put three past us today, right?
Tottenham survived the international break with a minimum of tragedy and injury: only Hugo Lloris and Roberto Soldado have any sort of knocks at present, and those took place before the international fixtures. Michel Vorm will start between the sticks for Tottenham. With the midfield not performing so well, it'll be interesting to see what sort of lineup Mauricio Pochettino trots out today.
How to Watch
Match Date: Sunday, April 5, 2015
Time: 1:30 pm, GMT (8:30 a.m. ET)
Location: Turf Moor, Burnley England
TV/Streaming: Strangely, LiveSoccerTV is claiming that this match is only being streamed online at NBC Sports Live Extra, but a quick check on TVGuide shows that, yes, it's broadcast live on NBC Sports. Check your local listings. It is apparently not on TV at all in the UK. Soz, m8s. Canadians can find it on your regional Sportsnet channel; Aussies are also out of luck this morning. Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!