Tottenham Hotspur have their final home match of the season this morning against Hull City, and boy oh boy would it be nice to actually get a win. Spurs have lost two straight and are coming into this match on the heels of an absolute clown-shoes performance against Stoke. Morale is low: Spurs are now only two points ahead of Swansea – Swansea – in the table and are in danger of losing out on Europa League next season. Meanwhile, Manchester United is in a position where they might end up with both Hugo Lloris AND Gareth Bale next season, and I want to cry.
Spurs are minus Kyle Walker, Ben Davies, and the suspended hot dog aficionado Vlad Chiriches for this match. Hull are without former Hotspur Jake Livermore, who was suspended for the rest of the season after testing positive for cocaine on Friday. Hull are in a position where they need to probably beat both Spurs and United to have a good chance of staying in the Premier League this season. Tottenham are playing in their sexy new SASH KITS. Let this be a lesson to you kiddos: sashes > cocaine. (Don't do drugs, mmkay?)
Hull City have come to town, and it's time we not only send them out of White Hart lane with an L, but out of the Premier League as well. Let's make Steve Bruce's punchable face look even sadder than it normally does. A little schadenfreude might just make us all feel a bit better.
How to Watch
Match Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Time: 3:00 pm, GMT (10:00 a.m. ET)
Location: White Hart Lane, North London, England
TV/Streaming: Tough luck, England: the final home match of the season is not televised, which really sucks. England doesn't know how to do television, clearly. It is on Premier League Extra Time in the States, i.e. "the extra channels," or streamed live through NBC Sports Live Extra. It's on TSN1 in Canada and Fox Sports 4 in Australia. In Vietnam? Try K +1. Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!