And so it ends. Tottenham Hotspur will end its season today with a match against Roberto Martinez and Everton at Goodison Park. For Tottenham, there's Europa League to play for; for Everton, there's a place in the top half of the table. Neither is particularly enticing, depending on whom you ask.
Tottenham are coming off of a nice win against Hull City last week, but they'd be forgiven if the players are already mentally on the beach, or thinking about where they'll be playing their football next summer. Both clubs may feature departing players; Brad Friedel will likely be on the bench for Tottenham due to an illness to Michel Vorm, while Martinez is considering giving a swan-song match to Sylvain Distin, whose Everton contract expires this summer.
It's a bittersweet ending to a season that was full of highs and lows for Spurs supporters. We witnessed the ascension of Harry Kane, a 5-3 dismantling of eventual champions Chelsea, and a cup final, but also saw the Kaboul Kabal, losses to Stoke and Aston Villa, and a finish once again outside of the top four. The season may end today, but remember that there's always the promise of next season. Keep chasing that rainbow, Tottenham fans.
Everton team (to play Spurs): Howard, Coleman, Galloway, Stones, Jagielka, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Lukaku. #EFCvTOT— Everton (@Everton) May 24, 2015
Everton subs: Robles, Distin, Besic, Naismith, Atsu, McGeady, Kone. #EFCvTOT— Everton (@Everton) May 24, 2015
How to Watch
Match Date: Sunday, May 24, 2015
Time: 3:00 pm, GMT (10:00 a.m. ET)
Location: Goodison Stadium, Liverpool, England
TV/Streaming: Tough luck, England: Tottenham's final match of the season is not on TV anywhere. It will be televised on CNBC and on Premier League Extra Time in the States, i.e. "the extra channels," and also streamed live through NBC Sports Live Extra. It's on Sportsnet World Now in Canada and Foxtel Play in Australia. In Slovenia? Try Sportklub HD. Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!