Did you think that Tottenham Hotspur were finished for the year? WELL THE JOKE'S ON YOU! Spurs are currently in Kuala Lumpur to take on an exhibition Malaysia XI squad as part of their post-season tour to Malaysia and Australia. And who gets to benefit? WE DO!
So what are we going to see from this match? My guess is a lot of stars for the first half, followed by a lot of kids in the second half, and a whole lot of uninspired, bad football. But hey, that's the fun of pre-post-season friendlies, right?
Let's not overthink this. Finally, a Spurs match where it's okay if we play like s**t. Let's enjoy it. Hell, let's start Ryan Mason at goalkeeper! YOLO!
How to Watch
Match Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Time: 8:45 pm local time (8:45 a.m. ET, 3:45 pm London)
Location: Shah Alam Stadium, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
TV/Streaming: According to LiveSoccerTV.com which updated apparently this morning, ESPN2 is showing this match in the States, and will probably be streamed on WatchESPN. It's on TSN 5 in Canada, and ESPN2 Australia. It's not televised in the UK, but Spurs are promising match streaming through their website if you sign up for a (free) Spurs TV Tour Pass. If that doesn't work for you, there's always @spursofficial. Get thee to Twitter, Spurs fans!
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!