G'day! Tottenham Hotspur are in Oz today to play Sydney FC in the last match in their post-season "circus match" tour of Asia. At least I'm considering Australia to be part of Asia in this case. I mean, it's in the AFC. That counts, right?
Sydney FC is an actual real football team, unlike the Malaysia XI that Spurs faced on Wednesday, so it's quite possible that Sydney could give Spurs a real game. While there aren't a whole lot of well-known stars on Sydney's roster, the A-league isn't a complete slouch. One of our Aussie commenters, Aslan the Melon, did a nice write-up about the Sydney squad and how they may match up against Spurs. It's worth a read.
Either way, this is a friendly so we should all hope for a fun match and no injuries, whatever the final score. Enjoy the last Tottenham football for a few months!
How to Watch
Match Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Time: 8:00 pm Sydney (6:00 a.m. ET, 11:00 am London)
Location: ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia
TV/Streaming: In a SHOCK SWITCH, BT Sport 1 will be showing this match in the UK, but it isn't televised anywhere in the USA. So for us Americans, we'll likely be relying on a stream. A lot of African countries can find it on SuperSport Africa 5. Check your local listings or check online at LiveSoccerTV. Spurs are promising match streaming through their website if you sign up for a (free) Spurs TV Tour Pass. If that doesn't work for you, there's always @spursofficial.
Radio: LOL doubt it
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!