Lads, it's Stoke. Far from the infamous anti-football curmudgeons that they were viewed as during the last few years, Mark Huges' Stoke City is actually, dare I say it, somewhat decent. New Stoke is a bit like New Coke: refreshing, different, but still nobody really likes them and it's very likely they'll eventually disappear.
Tottenham lost 2-1 to Stoke in November off of goals from Bojan (who is now injured) and Jon Walters, a match that is now known to Tottenham fans as the beginning of the end for the Kaboul Cabal of Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, and Emmanuel Adebayor. While Ade still occasionally makes the bench, most people assume that Kaboul and Capoue are buried somewhere close to wherever Jimmy Hoffa ended up.
At any rate, this is a different team to the one that laid an egg at White Hart Lane, and while the Brittania isn't an easy place to win, it's a lot easier to get a result when your opponent is just playing out the rest of the season.
We hope. COYS!
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Yedlin, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 9, 2015
How to Watch
Match Date: Saturday, May 10, 2015
Time: 3:00 pm, GMT (10:00 a.m. ET)
Location: The Brittania Stadium, Stoke-on-Trent, England
TV/Streaming: The match will be carried live on
NBC Sports Network, Premier League Extra Time (i.e. "the extra channels) and also live-streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra in the USA. It appears the match is not televised in the UK, so it's radio for y'all. That's what you get for re-electing the Tories. t's on TSN3 in Canada and Fox Sports 1 in Australia. In Burma? Try Skynet Myanmar.Find your local listings for the match here.
Radio: BBC Radio London 94.9 normally broadcasts Spurs' matches (unavailable in the USA without a proxy), and it will also be carried in the UK on TalkSport Radio. If you are a (free) MySpurs or OneHotspur member you can listen on Spurs' official website, though it's not always reliable.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!