Are you ready for some Under-21 European Championship action? England kicks off its EURO campaign in the Czech Republic with a key group stage match up versus Portugal. Stuart Pierce's men are one of the favorites to win the competition, in large part due to Harry Kane, who will unquestionably start up top today. Saido Barahino just dropped out of the squad due to injury, with Benik Afobe replacing him. Everton defender John Stones is also out after picking up a concussion in training and will miss at least two matches.
In addition to Kane, fellow Hotspurs Tom Carroll and Alex Pritchard are also on the ENGERLAND squad and could-slash-should feature.
This here's your open thread for this match. Have fun!
Lineups will be posted when announced
England vs. Portugal (Group B)
Date/time: June 18, 2015, 2:45 p.m. ET (7:45 p.m. UK)
Venue: Mestsky Fotbalovy Stadion Slovacko, Uherské Hradiště, Czech Republic
How to Watch
Television: BT Sports 1 (UK), not televised in the USA
Live Streaming: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / ESPN Deportes TV
Radio: BBC Radio 5 Live
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even though it's England. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!