Engerland! The U21 Euros continue today as Gareth Southgate's England squad takes on Italy in the final match of group play in the Czech Republic. Win, and they'll progress. Lose... well, then they're England.
One of our vaunted young Hotspurs is out as Alex Pritchard was sent home after picking up an ankle injury in the Sweden match. That leaves Harry Kane and TAWMMY FREAKIN' CARROLL to carry the cockerel banner. Tom Carroll starts on the bench because the universe is an awful place and is conspiring against England and Tottenham fans. Harry Kane is starting, but has yet to score in the competition and is up against Italian CB Daniele Rugani, whom Kevin McCauley describes as "a top 5 young CB in Europe." So, he'll only score four, then? Cool.
This here's your open thread for this match. Have fun!
England U21s v Italy. Here is the team-sheet pic.twitter.com/FdsQwVrEKC— Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC) June 24, 2015
England vs. Italy (Group B)
Date/time: June 24, 2015, 2:45 p.m. ET (7:45 p.m. UK)
Venue: Ander Stadium, Olomouc, Czech Republic
How to Watch
Television: BT Sport 1 (UK), not televised in the USA
Live Streaming: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / ESPN Deportes TV
Radio: BBC Radio 5 Live
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy, even though it's England. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!