Happy Monday, Spurs fans! There were numerous Tottenham Hotspur players in action this weekend as lots of international teams played friendly warm-ups to get ready for tournaments or Euro qualifying. Let's take a look and see how they did.
- DeAndre Yedlin had a beautiful assist on a cross to John Anthony Brooks as USA stormed back to defeat The Netherlands in Amsterdam 4-3 on Friday. Yedlin was a 57th minute sub for Jurgen Klinsmann's squad, but was magnificent in the match.
- Erik Lamela came off the bench in the 60th minute to earn his 11th cap for Argentina as La Albiceleste crushed Bolivia 5-0 on Saturday. Lamela will be in Argentina's squad as they prepare to participate in the Copa America in Chile later this month.
- Andros Townsend was also a 66th minute substitute for England in their scoreless draw with Ireland in Dublin on Sunday. He was the only Hotspur named to the England side as they prepare for a EURO qualifying match against Slovenia on June 14.
- Hugo Lloris started in goal for France, Jan Vertonghen played 90 minutes in defense, and Mousa Dembele and Nacer Chadli were late subs in Belgium's 4-3 win over France on Saturday.
FIFA Under-20 World Cup
- Cameron Carter-Vickers started all three group stage matches for USA, who won their first two matches but lost to Ukraine 3-0 on Friday in New Zealand. USA finished second in their group but did advance to the knock-out rounds. USA will face off against Colombia in the next round on June 10.
- Milos Veljkovich started in Serbia's defense for all three of their World Cup matches. After a 2-0 win over Mexico on Saturday, Serbia advanced to the next round after topping their group with six points. Serbia will face Hungary in the knock-out stages on June 10.
- Spurs young attacking midfielder Musa Yahaya played in two of three group stage matches, starting onceand scoring one goal, as Nigeria qualified for the 2nd round, finishing second behind Brazil in their group. They will face Germany on June 11.