They're finally back! Tottenham Hotspur take the pitch in an actual game you can watch live today in Denver as the primary antagonists in the MLS All-Star Game at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Are you excited?
I SAID, ARE YOU EXCITED?
The MLS squad will be without its biggest stars, as Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Robbie Keane, and Michael Bradley have all removed themselves from the team. There's still plenty of talent in this MLS side, though, as former Hotspur Clint Dempsey will be joined by MLS leading scorer Kei Kamara and former Madrista Kaká.
Expect Spurs to start full strength but eventually rotate players in and out as they play their first friendly at altitude. Regardless of what happens in this match, it's Tottenham Hotspur football, it's live, and my body is ready!
How to Watch:
Match date/time: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 7:15 p.m. MT (9:15 p.m. ET, 2:15 a.m. Thursday, UK)
Venue: Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Denver, Colorado
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision Deportes (USA - Spanish), Unimás (USA - Spanish),
Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN1 (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), Eurosport 2 (Europe)
Online: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer 2Go (USA - English, cable or subscription required), MLS Live (subscription), Univision Deportes En Vivo (USA - Spanish),
Sky GO (UK), tottenhamhotspur.com (UK & Ireland only)
We're trying something new here tonight and embedding @cartilagefree's tweets right in the match thread. Try it out and let me know if you like it.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Remember, it's a friendly. Nobody cares if Spurs lose to Clint Dempsey, Kaká, and those other guys. Don't get worked up about it.
- Have fun, and COYS!