Whoo boy do Spurs need a win today. After securing one point in the opening two games, Spurs are heading to the King Power Stadium to take on Leicester City in a road match that already feels both important and portentous.
Leicester are currently second in the table after week 2 after an impressive dismantling of Sunderland and a narrow victory over West Ham. Not the most impressive of opponents, to be sure, but when you're a club widely tipped for the drop, you take the points wherever you can get them.
Spurs, by contrast, pissed away two points against Stoke City last weekend and now would like nothing better than to take a win at a smallish stadium against a club with intense home support. Only Andros Townsend appears to be out of the picture for Tottenham, and with a rested Harry Kane ready to go, three points certainly seems like a reasonable expectation.
Of course, that's what we said last weekend at halftime, too. COYS!
Our subs v Leicester: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Alli, Bentaleb, Carroll, Onomah #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) August 22, 2015
City: Schmeichel, De Laet, Huth, Morgan, Schlupp, Albrighton, Drinkwater, King, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy. #LeiTot— Leicester City (@LCFC) August 22, 2015
Subs: Schwarzer, Kanté, Kramarić, Ulloa, Fuchs, Benalouane, Inler. #LeiTot— Leicester City (@LCFC) August 22, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, August 22, 3 p.m. (UK), 10 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: King Power Stadium, Leicester, UK
Official: Martin Atkinson
TV: NBCSN (USA), Not Televised (UK), Sportsnet (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!