Tottenham Hotspur welcome Everton to White Hart Lane today in a match that they'd like to win, something they haven't yet done. Spurs have added Son Heung-Min to their roster, a player who will walk into the starting lineup, but he won't play today as he has not yet secured his work permit. Meanwhile, Christian Eriksen is still out, nursing a knee injury, the details of which have not been fully disclosed.
For Everton, John Stones is still a Toffee, though we don't know for how long, or even if he'll play against Spurs. Everton's other heavyweights -- Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley, Kevin Mirallas, etc. -- are all healthy and will likely start.
Three points would be a great thing to have after this afternoon's match.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, August 28, 5:30 p.m. (UK), 12:30 pm ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Jones
TV: NBC (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet One (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), Sky Go (UK),
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!