Happy Wednesday, Tottenham fans! It's match day... again. Hey, remember that time when Tottenham Hotspur beat AC Milan 1-0 at the San Siro to advance to the quarterfinals of the Champions League? Here, let me jog your memory:
Lennon to take on Yepes here... And he's away, Aaron Lennon.... CROUCH.... YESSSSSSS!!!
Today will be the first time that Tottenham has faced AC Milan since that wonderful, beautiful night in Milan. And while we no longer have Peter Crouch, and we sort of don't have Aaron Lennon anymore, we still get to remember that beautiful night while we play a meaningless friendly in a dumb Audi Cup three days before opening the Premier League season at Old Trafford and g*d***it now I'm angry again.
Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Time: 6:15 p.m. Munich, 5:15 p.m. UK, 12:15 p.m. USA
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Bavaria
TV: ESPN2 (USA English), ESPN Deportes (USA Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Setanta Sports 1 (Ireland). Find your local listings on livesoccertv.com
Streaming: WatchESPN (USA). Yesterday Spurs also streamed the match through their Facebook page. I haven't seen confirmation if they'll do that again, or if it will be geo-locked. But you can try it.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. This is an open, supportive community.
- Remember, it's a friendly. Have fun, and COYS!